Board or Committee Meeting
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 6:30pm
Meeting-February 13, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Take roll
- Review and vote on accepting minutes from January 9 meeting
- Subcommittee Reporting
- Summary to Chair and Vice Chair
- Bulleted discussion items for agendas to Chair
- Vice Chair Presentation
- City of Laurel Open House: Sunday, March 4th from 1-4pm at the Municipal Center
- Event Sign-up
- Can we accept donations?
- Will we have an art activity?
- What supplies do we need?
- Name Tags
- 2 Clipboards, multiple pens (P&R)
- Newsletter Signup Sheet
- Suggestion box or bowl and note cards for writing suggestions and pens
- LAC Banner and supplies to hang the banner (P&R)
- Tablecloth/s (P&R? City?)
- Table and chairs (City)
- Information about:
- April 2nd Saturday Event
- Mosaic Project?
- Art Activity Supplies?
- Public Relations & Event Planning Update
- The Subcommittee has decided to use Google forms for the Artist Roster (individuals and organizations). Steven could make a flyer to place it in the park and recs FB page
- Steven has created a landing page for Mailchimp to capture submissions
- The first steps to create the 2-minute promo for Laurel T.V. will begin in March 2018
- For suggestions to feature an Artist’s in the monthly Newsletter please send a bio and contact information to Laverne Debnam’s email before the last weekend of each month
- The Events Planning Committee regularly meets at Ragamuffin Café on Main Street. In planning for our February newsletter, we asked the Owner (Jeremy Tuinstra) how did his recent Open Mike Night go? We were advised that he could not have the event because he would receive a fine for an Ordinance Violation in the areas of:
- Amateur Acts
- Live Performance with Dancing
- Open Microphone Venues
- April 2nd Saturday Artist Walk –We will discuss our next steps with Leigh regarding this and also the Public Art Subcommittee. Also see Clayton Cooper (DCLA)’s comments
- Photo Contest next steps and following up with the Laurel Library in March
- Olive on Main no longer displays Artwork- How can we keep them in the Art Loop?
- Arts Education & Public Art Update
- Update on Bench project, with input from the Laurel Historical Society
- Ideas for Riverfront Park (#10 on map)
- Funding/Grantmaking Update
- Budget Submitted
- LAC Fund Policy (DRAFT)
- Prince George’s County Special Appropriation Grants (Deadline: March 31)
- What type(s) of service(s) and/or program(s) will be provided?
- Laurel Business Networking Event on Wednesday, February 21 from 5:30-7:30pm at the Laurel Municipal Center
- This event will be a great opportunity to network with fellow Laurel area business owners. It will also provide you will lots of important information for the upcoming year including: Economic Development events in 2018, marketing opportunities available through Laurel TV, and information about the Laurel Board of Trade’s Main Street Festival
- Next meeting will be on March 13 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Laurel Municipal Center in Meeting Room 2