Board or Committee Meeting
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 6:30pm
Meeting-December 12, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
- Take roll
- Review and vote on accepting minutes from November 14 meeting
- Arts Council Ordinance (No. 1908)
- Feedback from Finance Director Sailor on how the City handles donations for LAC (escrow acct?)
- Additional questions?
- Discover Laurel Day (October 25)
- Recap from Melissa
- Next steps?
- Subcommittee Structure and Discussion:
- Strategic Planning - Melissa Holland
- Funding - Charles Devilier, Kelsey Eustace
- Public Relations & Event Planning - Christian Givens, Brenda Wheeler, Laverne Debnam, Steven Echeverry
- Arts Education - Cheryl Dyer, Nadia Janjua, Alisa Kerr, Charles Devillier, Melissa Holland
- Public Art - Cheryl Dyer, Steven Echeverry, Alisa Kerr, Melissa Holland, Nadia Janjua
- Grantmaking (Combine with Funding for now?) - Charles Devillier
- Laurel High School benches – would they like our support? Would the arts and performing arts teachers/students be interested in meeting with LAC to discuss future projects?
- Recap Art Walk
- Melissa’s Update
- Note Cards from Public
- Newsletter update from Public Relations & Event Planning Subcommittee
- Will LAC sponsor 1-2 Laurel Board of Trade 2nd Saturday Events in 2018? Another Art Walk? Which month/s?
- Brainstorm: "What can we do right now?”
- Public art project with Parks & Rec and/or Laurel Schools
- Artist directory and survey
- Monthly Newsletter
- Google Drive – Is it working for us? Are we comfortable with it? Would we prefer something else? Do we need training on how to use it?
- Laurel Historical Society – possible partnership?
- Next meeting will be on January 9th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Laurel Municipal Center in Meeting Room 2