FORTY-SECOND MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2017 – REGULAR – 7:00 P.M.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the table at the side of the Council Chamber. The President has the right to limit the amount of time each speaker has for each agenda item. Each speaker will have three minutes to speak for each agenda item.
- Call to order.
- Invocation – Reverend Warren H. Litchfield.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll call.
- Approval of Minutes of the Fortieth Meeting of September 25 and the Forty-First Meeting of October 11, 2017.
- Report of the Mayor and City Council.
- Mayoral appointments.
Margaret A. Chenault, Chair Board of Appeals
Marlene Collins, Board of Appeals
Tim Abell, Community Redevelopment Authority
Fred Frederick, Community Redevelopment Authority
Lt. Calvin Parks, Ret. Emergency Services Commission
8. General Public Hearing.
9. Second public hearing and possible action on Ordinance No. 1920, an ordinance to amend the City of Laurel Police Retirement Plan as it relates to distributions below the limit set forth in Code Section 411(a)(11)(A).
10. Second public hearing with possible action on Ordinance No. 1921, an ordinance to amend the City of Laurel Employee Retirement Plan as it relates to distributions below the limit set forth in Code Section 411(a)(11)(A).