EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRD MEETING
CITY OF LAUREL HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION
TUESDAY – SEPTEMBER 19, 2017 – REGULAR
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting, and you are not an applicant, please sign the speaker list provided on the table at the side of the room.
1. Roll Call.
2. Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on July 18, 2017.
3. HDC 010-2018 for 324 Montgomery Street, submitted by Douglas and Susan Hayes, requesting approval to remove and replace current roofing shingles and rotted roof decking using GAF Fortitude “Cobblestone” architectural shingles with a 50 year transferrable warranty. These shingles will present the appearance of cedar shakes – the original roofing material. ***A sample will be provided by the applicant.
4. HDC 009-2018 for 379 Main Street, submitted by Andrew Arnouk, requesting approval to paint the existing white Palm Tree sign on the front of the building. The tree would be shades of Green, the trunk will be brown, and the lettering would be a Dark Blue. The applicant received approval to paint the brick white and that will be the background for the sign; they are asking for approval to paint the existing white wooden sign – White, and paint the letters Green or Blue to match the sign on the building.
5. HDC 011-2018 for 620 Montgomery Street, submitted by Bill Wellford for the Knights of Pythias, requesting approval to replace the deck that is running along the back of the building and make it 2’ wider and 6’ longer. The railings and floorboards will be replaced using Trex and the color will be either brown or gray. There will be railings around the outside perimeter of the deck. It is approximately 6-8 inches off the ground.
6. A tax credit request for 328 Montgomery Street, submitted by Margaret Miller for the replacement of a sunroom and side porch - approved Certificate of Approval HDC 010-2017. The cost for this work was $21,884.56, proof of payment is $21,884.56, and the tax credit requested amount is $2,188.45.
HDC 003-2018 for 1110 Montgomery Street, submitted by Lisa Everett, requesting approval to put a new copper drip edge on the roof to match the existing copper gutters and downspouts.
HDC 004-2018 for 304 Main Street, submitted by Eric Rezapolvi, requesting approval to replace the sign and window glass “In Kind”.
HDC 005-2018 for 206 10th Street, submitted by Laura Pelletier, requesting approval to repair the front porch “In Kind”.
HDC 006-2018 for 327 Prince George Street, submitted by Mary Sullivan, requesting approval to replace the porch flooring, front steps, and railing “In Kind”,
HDC 007-2018 for 1110 Montgomery Street, submitted by Lisa Everett, requesting approval to paint the exterior of the house “In Kind”.
HDC 008-2018 for 513 Prince George Street, submitted by Bill Wellford, requesting approval to remove a dead tree from the front yard.
HDC 012-2018 for 332 Prince George Street, submitted by Charles Hungerford and Antoinette M. Victor, requesting approval to replace the gray roofing shingles with gray roofing shingles that match the garage that was previously approved by the HDC.
HDC 013-2018 for 113 6th Street, submitted by Ruth Ann Hyatt, requesting approval to remove a dead tree on the corner of the property.
HDC 014-2018 for 317 Montgomery Street, submitted by John Ellsworth, replacing roof shingles with “in kind” slate color.
4. New Business