Mayor and City Council Meeting
Wednesday, September 7, 2016 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2016 – 7:00 P.M.
- Presentation on Fracking – Shilpa Shelvi.
- Bid recommendation for Sprinkler System at the Laurel Armory.
- Annexation Resolution, First 2016 Annexation, an annexation resolution of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland enlarging the corporate boundaries of the City of Laurel by annexing into the City of Laurel certain property contiguous an adjoining to the City’s existing corporate boundaries known as the Strittmatter Property, consisting of approximately 26,626 acres of land, such property being more particularly described in the Exhibits attached hereto; the 26.626 acres being placed in the R-T Zone.
- Ordinance No. 1877, Text Amendment No. 242, an ordinance amending Laurel City Code Chapter 20, “Land Development and Subdivision Regulations” Article I “Zoning” to amend: Division 1 “In General,” Division 3 “City Planning Commission” Division 4 “Board of Appeals”, Division 5 “Zoning Districts,” Division 6 “Parking and Loading Facilities”, Division 7 “Sign and Advertising Structures”, Division 9, “Exceptions and Supplements to Zone Regulations,” to add Section 20-20.9 Small Wind Energy Systems, Division 13 “Historic District Commission,” to add Section 20-25.9 “Prevention of Demolition of Neglect,” and repealing in its entirety Division 16 “Community Design Standards,” amending Laurel City Code, Chapter 20 “Land Development and Subdivision Regulations” to add Appendix D “Parking Modification Zone”, and providing for an effective date.
- Draft ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel amending the code of the City of Laurel, Chapter 11 “Planning and Development,” Sec. 11-4 “Adoption of Master Plan” to reflect the recent adoption of a new Master Plan for the City of Laurel.
- Draft Charter Resolution of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel amending Article 400 “Administration” of the Charter of the City of Laurel to reflect a reorganization of the City by amending Sec. 465 “Director of the Department of Development Management” and adding sec. 466 “Director of the Department of the Fire Marshall and Permit Services to reflect the division of the Department of Planning and Zoning into the Department of Economic and Community Development and the Department of Fire Marshall and Permit Services.
- Draft ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel amending the Code of the City of Laurel, Chapter 8 “Licenses, Permits and Business Regulations,” to amend Sec. 8-6 “Miscellaneous License Fees” and to repeal Schedules A “License Fee Schedule” and B “Permit Fee Schedule” for the purpose of removing such fees from the City Code and amending Sections 8-21, 8-25 and 8-55 to reflect this change.
- An ordinance amending City Code, Article XII “Property Standards,” Chapter 18 “Buildings and Building Regulations,” Division 1 “Storage of unregistered, inoperable, dismantled, partially dismantled and wrecked motor vehicles and trailers, snow and ice removal”, and Division 2 “Accumulations and obnoxious conditions, etc., and providing an effective date.
- FY2016 Budget Amendment.
- CIP Amendment.