Residential Remodeling Debris Drop-Off
Mayor Craig A. Moe and the Department of Public Works are proud to announce a Residential Remodeling Debris Drop-off Day. This event is for our residents and is not for businesses or remodeling contractors. Gather your scraps and leftovers from your remodeling projects and bring it to Public Works at 305-307 First Street on Saturday, May 6, 2023 between 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Public Works will be accepting the following types of remodeling debris:
- Drywall, sheet rock and other walling material
- Plywood, Lumber, molding, and other scrap wood
- Wooden fences and wooden fence posts
- Ceramic, porcelain, and stone tiles
- Vinyl and wood flooring
- Toilets, bathtubs, sinks and other bathroom fixtures
- Kitchen cabinets and countertops
Public Works will not be accepting the following types of remodeling debris:
- No roof shingles or asphalt products
- No wet chemicals such as wet paint (dried paint cans are acceptable), wood stains, paint thinner, gasoline, spackling compound, and caulks
- No compressed air canisters such as unemptied spray paint, fire extinguishers, or propane tanks
- No hazardous wastes
Public Works will be verifying that you are a City resident so please bring a driver's license or mail addressed to you at your City address. Not all addresses in "Laurel, Maryland" are in the City Limits so please verify you live within the incorporated City limits if you plan to attend.
If you have questions about the event or other Department of Public Works services, please call at 301-725-0088 or email the Department of Public Works at [email protected] between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.