The City of Laurel will be collecting live Christmas trees for recycling on Wednesdays during the month of January. While you are not required to call the city to request a tree pickup, doing so is recommended to ensure your tree is not missed. To prepare your tree for pickup please do the following:
- Remove all decorations, lights, wires, tree skirts, stands and nails
- Do not use plastic snow or spray-on fake snow on your tree. Trees with fake snow cannot be collected for recycling and will require a Bulky Item pickup to be scheduled.
- Avoid using plastic tree bags. Re-use an old sheet or blanket instead. If you do use a plastic tree bag or plastic tarp it will not be collected with the tree.
- Place tree at the curb by 7 AM Wednesday morning for pickup.
- Trees inside of plastic bags will not be accepted.