Mayor Moe has announced that Trick or Treat will be held on Thursday, October 31, 2019, in the City of Laurel, from 6:00 – 8:00pm.
Mayor Moe and Laurel Police Chief Hamill encourage parents to follow these tips for a safe and fun-filled Halloween experience:
- Be aware of vehicular traffic and follow traffic laws;
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or have glow sticks as part of their costume;
- When choosing a costume, use light-colored material and stay away from billowing or long trailing fabric.
- If you are making your own costume, choose material that won't easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or flame;
- If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so they can see out;
- Report any suspicious activity; and
- ALWAYS examine your children’s candy before they eat it.
You are also encouraged to leave a porch light on if you wish to receive trick or treaters! Mayor Moe wishes all of the City’s little ghosts and goblins a ghoulishly good time this Halloween!