Get ready to Trick or Treat on Halloween, October 31st, also from 6:00 - 8:00pm!
Mayor Moe and Laurel Police Chief McLaughlin encourage parents to follow these tips for a safe and fun-filled Halloween experience:
• Be aware of vehicular traffic and follow traffic laws;
• Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or have glow sticks as part of their costume;
• When choosing a costume, use light-colored material and stay away from billowing or long trailing fabric.
• If you are making your own costume, choose material that won't easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or flame;
• If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so they can see out;
• Report any suspicious activity; and
• ALWAYS examine your children’s candy before they eat it.
You are also encouraged to leave a porch light on if you wish to receive trick or treaters on October 31st!
Mayor Moe wishes all of the City’s little ghosts and goblins a ghoulishly good time this Halloween!