The mission of the Community Redevelopment Authority of the City of Laurel is to be the City’s principal development/redevelopment authority with a focus on creating additional economic development opportunities for property owners within the City to upgrade, enhance, demolish or revitalize properties offering superior amenities, land uses, and superior land design.
The Community Redevelopment Authority is committed to building strong communities by supporting projects designed to enhance balanced growth, job creation and quality of life.
The goal of the Redevelopment Authority is the revitalization of identified areas within the City in order to upgrade existing residential neighborhoods and to provide for a balanced economy with a mix of office, retail, and industrial uses in order to ensure continued fiscal well-being and to provide employment opportunities for City residents. The objectives of this Redevelopment Authority include:
- Establishing a positive and identifiable image for the City revitalization areas;
- Promoting new retail business activity in revitalization areas;
- Establishing minimum, Community Design Standards that will enhance revitalization areas through private investment;
- Bring about a general physical improvement of the area through coordinated public improvements;
- Achieving a balance between Neighborhood Business and Community Commercial uses; and,
- Providing a safe and pleasant environment for consumers, merchants, and property owners.
Requests for Proposals:
There are no current RFPs being offered.
The Community Redevelopment Authority meets on the third (3rd) Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
***Currently all meetings are being held virutally***
The next CRA meeting will be held on October 20, 2021 at 4pm
Contact [email protected] to recieve the meeting link to attend the next CRA virutal meeting.