For more information on a specific area, please click on the link
- Alarms - City ordinance information on Commercial and Residential Alarms
- Crime Reports - View Laurel Police Department Crime Reports
- Fingerprinting Services - Information on having your fingerprint taken at Laurel Police
- News Desk - News and announcements from the Laurel Police Department
- Police Reports - How you can obtain a police report
- Recreational Vehicles - City ordinance information on recreational vehicles (mopeds, etc.)
- Vehicle Releases - How to obtain a vehicle release from the police department
If you are interested in employment with the Laurel Police Department, please check out the City's Job Opportunities listings for available positions.
You can also download a copy of the City's Employment Application here in PDF format. If you are applying for the position of Police Officer, do not forget to download and complete the Physical Agility attachment to the application.
Physical Agility Attachment (For Police Officer Applicants)
The Laurel City Police Department are pleased to offer you the Vacation House Check service while you are out of town. These are designed to give you a little more peace of mind while you travel, and make your home safer.
A vacation house check involves officers going to your residence, walking around the perimeter, looking for signs of unlawful entry, foul play, unlocked doors or windows, or anything else that may be wrong.
In order to provide this service in as efficient and safe manner possible the following guidelines are in place.
1) The Laurel City Police Department will check your home while you are away.
2) We will not do walk-around checks on homes that have house sitters staying at them. We will give the house extra patrol, but it is unsafe for our officers and your guests for us to be walking around your home in the middle of the night. If you have someone who is taking care of your animals and/or plants on a drop-by basis, we will still completely check your home.
3) We will only check residential properties, not business properties.
4) We will only check residential properties if you live there, we will not check vacant houses, other than to provide them extra patrol.
While you are on vacation don’t forget to:
1) Stop your mail
2) Stop your newspapers
3) Let your neighbors know where you will be, how long you’ll be gone, and how to contact someone in case of an emergency.
4) Leave a light and radio or television on a timer.
5) Lock your doors and windows.
6) Let the police know the description and tag number any vehicles will be parked on your property while you are away.
To schedule a house check contact the Laurel City Police Department at 301-498-0092.
Nonfunctioning Traffic Control Signals- Requirement to Stop
Under §21-209, a vehicle approaching a nonfunctioning traffic control signal at an intersetion shall:
- At a clearly marked stop line;
- Before entering any crosswalk; or
- Before entering the intersection
- Yield to any vehicle or pedestrian in the intersection; and
- Remain stopped until it is safe to enter and continue through the intersection
<< Back to Laurel Police